Chimicles & Tikellis is at the forefront of law firms that represent shareholders of non-listed real estate investment trusts (REITs). If you are such a shareholder, you may have experienced significant erosion of the value of your original REIT investment.
Or your legal rights may have been violated as a result of the substantial related-party transactions and relationships inherent in these REITs. We have an unmatched skill in identifying these situations and holding wrongdoers responsible for their misconduct.
We have represented thousands of REIT shareholders in many legally groundbreaking and precedent-setting cases nationwide that addressed situations such as:
- Shareholders being given false information about the value of their investments, source of distribution, the REIT’s dividend reinvestment and share redemption plans, and payments made to the REIT’s insiders;
- The REIT orchestrating a costly, related-party “internalization” transaction which resulted in insiders getting unjustified, multi-million dollar payments;
- The REIT undertaking, at a time or in a manner that was not in the shareholders’ best interests listing of its shares on a national securities exchange and a public offerings of its securities;
- Shareholders being misled into approving a deal, asset sale, merger, “internalization” or other corporate action using and misleading proxy solicitations.
We’re ready to assist you, so call us or click here to discuss your situation.
- City of St. Clair Shores General Employees Retirement System v. Inland Western Retail Real Estate Trust, Inc., et al
- CNL Hotels & Resorts Inc. Federal Securities Litigation
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (formerly known as Wells Real Estate Investment Trust, Inc.)
- Wells Real Estate Investment Trust Securities Litigation